Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Oh, the places we will go....

After 12 airplane flights, a bomb scare at JFK, 2 sick kids(Brock got sick 2hrs into our flight over)2 euro rail train trips and countless metro rides, I feel like writing a book about traveling with kids!
We started in Germany where my mom is from: My cousin's kids Lars, Finn and Jette with Belen at the Wolfsburg soccer camp. Wolfsburg will host the 2011 women's world cup. VW factory is in Wolfsburg, everyone in my mom's family including my grandma has worked for VW.


All of us together..


My cousin Carmen and her husband Matthias, Her brother Matthias(cousin)
and us

Cheering on team Germany



I was so jet lagged this day....I had been running on just 4 hrs sleep most nights.


Belen went to the town festival and had a great time. She was in there local paper as the little girl visitor from America....she would have had a great picture in the paper also but she bowed out of taking it.




Shopping for shoes for Brock

Kaiser Wilhelm Church


Brock was still very sick so he saw most of Berlin like this....

Berlin zoo






I had to give a "Good Ole American smack down with words" to a clerk selling water at the zoo....He was so rude and disrespectful to me....Boy did he regret messing with me! I thought I had forgotten most of my German but apparently Bad words always stick with you ;)



Reichstag building


Brandenburg Tor



Berlin wall

Then we headed off to Denmark....Which I really love and can't wait to go back someday....


Tivoli Gardens......so beautiful and the kids and I loved the rides! It was so relaxing.....an amusement park relaxing??? Yes, no lines longer then a few minutes......people were very friendly and the park is so beautiful!



Out our hotel window.....Nyhavn Canal....once home to pirates and prostitutes....arrrrrg!


We then Headed to Finland to visit my dad's side of the family...



My cousin Nina in Finland with her family

My other cousin's the Hoglunds.....we had a great time with them! we got to eat Moose meat(which was very taste and lean)


My cousin Cay with the kiddos!
At Cay and Eva's summer Island house..

The International Lover...

All of us celebrating Midsummer's Eve....The days are 20 hours of daylight with 4 hrs twilight. We never went to bed before 1 am....u just feel like doing anything because of the light.....we loved it....Nina and I went swimming at midnight!



The moon at Midnight....as high as it rises

with Cay and Eva at the summer house.....

Boating.....the only was to get to the summer house!

Then we where off to Spain........Barcelona




It was hot and humid...




We had a great time in Spain....We went to a water park in Vila seca and visted some of Derek's friends there. We also headed to Valencia and then Madrid.

























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































2 comments:

Jenni said...

Okay, how soon can you adopt me. I know I am much older than your other children, probably older than you.... but I can cook (even though I don't like to) and I am really good at laundry. :)
Seriously, you guys are living my dream life. Good for you.

PS You need to fix this post.. you have a lot of dead space at the end!

Jenni said...

PPS I LOVE LOVE LOVE your header! Way cute.